speech-dispatcher problem

Bohdan R. Rau ethanak at polip.com
Tue Sep 18 07:08:18 EDT 2012

 On Tue, 18 Sep 2012 12:01:06 +0100, Bohdan R. Rau wrote:

> Sorry - my webmail program unexpectedly sent this message...

 Sorry again - the webmail probabaly only marked my previous message as
 sent so I repeat:

 Some months ago I started with my private replacement for speechd-up.
 Program is not finished yet, but  has some important differences:

 1) does not use configuration file (all parameters may be given in
 command line)
 2) can change voice (module, synthesis voice or even language) on the
 fly. Small script adds two new keys (Spk-a and spk-s) to switch voices
 (up to 8 predefined voices)
 3) automatically corrects speakup character tables for use in given
 encoding/language
 4) automatically loads translated speakup tables
 5) starts as root and drops privileges to predefined user, so
 speech-dispacher never starts as root.
 6) keeps correct parameters (rate, pitch, volume etc.) when reconnect
 to speech dispatcher.

 The only unimplemented feature is indexing (I don't know how to test
 it).

 ethanak
--
 http://milena.polip.com/ - Pa pa, Ivonko!