talking arch 7/2012 version question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 17 02:57:01 EDT 2012

Has anyone else installed this distro and ended up with a whole hard drive
that's write protected?  That happened to me and I installed syslinux and
linux-lts since linux-lts fixes a speakup kernel problem where the keypad
keys crash the computer.Would I have done better with lilo or grub-legacy
as my choice for boot loader.  It's not possible to write or save any logs
but I did check partition structures with ls -al and found that on my
working debian system, the T letter ends the string but a hyphen ends the
string on archlinux.  More than that I don't know yet.