Major Bonehead move:

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at calgary.ca
Tue Sep 4 09:56:01 EDT 2012

Silence is deafening!
I last wrote about my major bonehead move last Wednesday. I have been without email since then. I have just got my system back up and running and email configured. Thanks for all your suggestions and friendly barbs. I deserved them all. Needless to say, the only solution was to rebuild my server from scratch.

Lessons learned:
1. Back up my system.
   I must say that this is the classic case of the mechanic's car, shoemaker's children, the IT Professional's computer.

2 Back up my system.
Not just the computer that I have just rebuilt, but all computers in the house.

3.  Did I mention, back up my system.

Well hopefully this is the last post from yours truly, Major Bonehead.

Stephen Dawes