Maybe off topic: ArchLinux from Scratch to a desktop

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 17:58:48 EDT 2012

The process is probably quite a bit different from what you did several
years ago. The biggest change is that the Arch Installation Framework
(AIF) is deprecated in favor of install scripts that bootstrap from an
existing system. Still, the installation process is surprisingly easy,
and the wiki pages for Talking Arch, the installation guide, and the
beginner guide are pretty much all you will need to get a usable Arch
system. As for GNOME and Orca, you can just

sudo pacman -S xorg gnome gnome-extra

and all the packages you need will be pulled in automatically, with the
opportunity to select only the packages you want from each group. If you
have any further questions, don't hesitate to ask me off-list, as I run
Arch primarily and have successfully gotten it installed to a bootable
thumb drive using the latest Talking Arch install media. Hope this helps.
~Kyle