Systemd Help in Arch Linux

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Nov 16 09:27:17 EST 2012

I'm trying to migrate over to a full systemd configuration on my arch
linux box but lost all speech when I did step #1.  What I mean here is
the systemd write-up in the Arch Wiki for systemd.  It suggested
adding
init=/usr/lib/systemd/systemd to my kernel command line.  I did that
in my menu.lst for grub.   I haven't upgraded to grub2 yet.

I then rebooted my system to see if that would work.  I had no speech!
What did I do wrong here?

In the meantime, I used the alternate line in my boot menu which I did
not change to boot successfully into my box.

Any ideas here?