Any Survers Running Speakup?

brandon.mcginty at gmail.com brandon.mcginty at gmail.com
Mon May 21 15:56:39 EDT 2012

To avoid all this, you could install cygwin, and just use SSH as you would from your linux side; Jaws will read the output with few to no errors.
If cygwin wouldn't work, installing linux as a virtual machine, and ssh'ing to your server, would work well enough.
I haven't the foggiest as how to send keystrokes from your system through to your linux machine, so that Speakup thinks you're typing on the keyboard.
Suggestions on that would be extremely helpful. (Possibly a ps2 emulator software device?)
However, there's no reason you couldn't write a wrapper around /dev/softsynth, to read the outgoing audio, pipe it through something like voxen or ttsynth (or festival, for something free), and send that to a shoutcast input, and stream that mp3 to your windows box...
I hope this was partially clear. Kirk or Randy might be able to provide more information, as one of them gave me the softsynth idea.

Brandon McGinty-Carroll