Any Survers Running Speakup?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon May 21 16:36:47 EDT 2012

Thanks Brandon:  Last time I took that laptop on a short trip, the place I was
staying didn't seem to allow telnet, so we ran Cygwin with an ssh.  It was
completely frustrating, lots of extra punctuation, even after working in the
JAWS dictionary.
After writing this list on Saturday, I looked in the JAWS options, I checked
sleep mode, but an option for useing another screen-reader seems to be gone.
I remember `many years ago installing zipslack  but I had no idea how to get
speech, however, reason I mention this is, when I would alt-tab  it would say
"apache"  but since JAWS was quiet, that kind of configuration would be really
nice, where I could alt-tab among a windows-and-Linux screen-reader.
While I would be happy with an eliquence IBM speech, which I purchased, but
last I tried, the volume was quite lo.  I also didn't mind a US/Russian speech
which was on an Oralux Live-CD
Thanks so much in advance, but no festival speech please
Hart