LaTeX and big writing projects

Robert cole rkcole72984 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:35:25 EST 2012

Thanks for all of the input here.

I am trying to rely less and less on screen magnification, and I think I
have a lot of good hints and ideas on where to go now so that I can get
a bit further away from relying on my last bit of vision in order to do
things.

It takes me a very long time to perform certain formatting tasks in
LibreOffice, and it gets so frustrating when trying to point-and-click
on the right thing. It sounds like the learning of LaTeX may be quite
beneficial to me as I love to write, and I have had many book ideas over
the past years. It would definitely, for the most part, eliminate the
frustrations of having my good eye so close to the screen and trying to
click on the right tools to do certain things.

Thanks for all of the input.