LaTeX and big writing projects

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Fri Mar 2 06:46:14 EST 2012

"Michael Whapples" <mwhapples at aim.com> writes:

> I have to agree with Liz though, you may come across times where the
> expected format means using LaTeX is not possible (eg. I am studying
> with the Open University and I must submit my project report as a word
> document or RTF).

Here's what you do.  Run latex2rtf to produce a .rtf file from your
LaTeX source.  If they want an actual .doc file, then just rename
document.rtf to document.doc, and send that to them.  Most people don't
know the difference, and neither does Microsoft Word.  It will open the
.rtf file without complaint, even though it has the wrong extension.
This is what I do when people ask for Word documents from me, and it
works like a charm.

-- Chris