dectalk (was hardware synth and udev)

John G. Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jan 13 20:02:25 EST 2012

That sounds suspiciously similar to a problem I am having with the
doubletalk driver module. When I load the speakup_ltlk module on 64
bit hardware, it gives an error message something like, "no such
device". But it works on 32 bit hardware. The problem developed around
kernel 2.6.32 and continued through 3.1. Is an error message displayed
when you load the dectalk driver? Does it happen on both 32 and 64 bit
hardware?