Pa_OpenStream : err=-9999 (Unanticipated host error)

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Jan 6 20:13:32 EST 2012

You need to either have an asound.conf to override the default order of
soundcards or you need to pass
the snd-index option to alsa so hda shows up as card 0.
Most apps default to card 0 especially the ones that don't use alsa and
use stuff like oss etc.

I put something like this in my modules files years ago:
options snd-da-intel snd-index=0

do check this in the alsa docs because I can't remember dashes or
underscores.

regards, Kerry.