Gnome Taking Over Terminal

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 16:28:28 EST 2012

Hello, does anyone else have this issue?  When I switch from a gnome
session with ctrl+alt+f2 (to switch to a new console) and I log in with
my user account, which is the same as I am using in gnome, often I lose
speech entirely and the console locks up.  I am able to log into another
tty but I have to use a different user account, or root, or else the
same things occurs again.  Also, i have read that gnome is put on tty 7
but mine seems to be on tty1 both when I start it with startx or use gdm.
--
Thanks,
Robert Spangler, B.A. in Urban Studies and Spanish
spangler.robert at gmail.com