No subject

Sat Dec 1 17:18:54 EST 2012

can't see a darn thing, but this isn't a big deal.

I have also acted as a teacher.  Every summer I work with a program which
teaches students with visual impairments to use technology.  This usually
involves Windows, but has involved Braille N Speaks, and other such devices.
I hope, from what I learn here, to be able to teach my students that Linux
can be an alternative.

I'm a computer science major.  This means that I spend most of my life
programming.  Again, most of this is in Windows, but I'm slowly learning
about programming in Linux so I have the ability to work to make Linux as
usable as Windows for all our every-day tasks.  Its a slow process, because
Linux is different from anything I've delt with before.

I'm rambling.  If you've gotten this far in my message, you're probably sick
of me.  Well, I don't blame you.  I've spent a great deal of time on this
all because I want to see that this discussion, if it must take up space in
my inbox and I must exercise my delete finger on it, goes in a constructive
direction.  I think that is what we all want, so lets try to make that
happen.  Also, lets try to minimize the noise that others have to hear when
reading this list.  It makes me want to sumarily delete messages from this
list, or unsubscribe, which I don't believe is any more constructive than
the noise that clogs this list.

Chris Peterson
The Space Report
Internet and satellite delivered news from space.
Visit our web site at www.TheSpaceReport.com