Cut-and-Paste in AT in Speakup?

Chris Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Sat May 28 08:30:03 EDT 2011

pj at pjb.com.au writes:

>     [NNNN.NNNN] BUG: scheduling while atomic: /swapper/0/0x10010000

Yeah, this does help.
As I said, no problems pasting on this box.  Pasting into edbrowse is
fine.  So I had a look at selection.c, from the speakup source.
We test to see whether we're in atomic context, in the
speakup_paste_selection function.  Apparently, that isn't working.
Also see the comment at the top of that function.

/* TODO: move to some helper thread, probably.  That'd fix having to check for
 * in_atomic().  */

This code needs to be rewritten.
I might be able to take a look at it in another week or more, after I'm
done moving.

-- Chris