OT: GRML and DSL

Liz Hare doggene at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 21 17:37:09 EDT 2011

Thanks, Gregory, for your thoughts. I didn't include all the information
in my first post because I didn't know if it was appropriate.

I have ATT/SBC DSL, already set up because I have a Windows machine, and
a Netgear dg834g v4 modem/router. One point of confusion is whether I
need to use pppoe as you suggested, or whether the router takes care of
that itself.

I am using a plugged in ethernet connection for now instead of wireless.

The DHCP connection part of grml-network seems to fail, although it tells me the configuration was completed.

Thanks,

Liz

Liz Hare PhD
Dog Genetics LLC