Announce: Speech synthesis engines in Arch Linux AUR

Christopher Moore chris.w1gm at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 15:01:57 EST 2011

Kyle,
Thanks for working on the espeakup-test package.
What is puzzling to me is that I can run espeak with pulseaudio running.
  I have the patched version of portaudio installed and espeak uses
alsa.  The alsa output from portaudio is routed to pulse via an alsa-plugin.
Now, when I run espeakup we get no audio and tons of errors.  If
espeakup were calling the espeak libraries correctly, this should not
happen.

The next step is to look into the code to compare the calls in espeak to
those in espeakup.

Chris