ArchLinux, speakup and kernel 2.6.37

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 31 10:14:34 EST 2011

After all speakup users move to 2.6.37 of the kernel26 package, this
should be a moot point as this situation won't happen again.  Now the
only concern I could think of would be someone starting out with the
current boot image for Arch.  That is still using something like
2.6.33 but after doing a full upgrade with pacman, they wouldn't need
speakup anymore so those instructions might need to suggest the
removal of speakup before the mass upgrade.  Might need to think over
that one a bit or perhaps rebuild the boot images with this new kernel
and then that issue would go away.