ArchLinux, speakup and kernel 2.6.37

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Mon Jan 31 10:32:06 EST 2011

Steve Holmes <steve at holmesgrown.com> writes:

> only concern I could think of would be someone starting out with the
> current boot image for Arch.  That is still using something like
> 2.6.33 but after doing a full upgrade with pacman, they wouldn't need
> speakup anymore so those instructions might need to suggest the
> removal of speakup before the mass upgrade.

This won't be a problem.  Remember, it's a pure network-based
installation procedure.  People just need to not install the speakup
package anymore.  I adjusted the documentation accordingly, though the
audio tutorial still contains the original instructions.
In any case, the old media will still work.

-- Chris