OT: Twinkle cli

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Sat Jan 29 06:56:16 EST 2011

Hello Derek: I am not familiar with sflphone but I have two questions
which may sound pretty silly so please be tolerant: is the port the
package is using set to 5060?  Do you have to specify a protocol
string with that client such as sip:3000 at linux-speakup.org?  What you
did should have worked so I'm a tad confused.  If you've already
checked those angles possibly give us some more info about your
client.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2011, Derek Roberts wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to call 3000 at linux-speakup.org with sflphone, but it says
> 502 - Bad Gateway and gives a busy signal. What's up?
>
> Thanks.
>
> On 1/28/11, Igor Gueths <igueths at lava-net.com> wrote:
>> Well, in SIP, the thing you really have to worry about most is the IP
>> information that is contained within the packet's payload itself, since that
>> is
>> really the deciding factor in call negotiation. Basically what would happen
>> in
>> these nstances is that in Twinkle's twinkle.log file, I'd see packets going
>> from
>> my laptop (192.168.1.44), back to 192.168.1.44 even though my Asterisk I was
>> trying to reach is at 192.168.1.43. For this reason, even though at the
>> Twinkle
>> CLI I'd type call sip:300 at 192.168.1.43 (a test extension I have here), I
>> just
>> get put back at a "twinkle>" prompt with no discernible activity occurring
>> at
>> the console.
>> On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 01:33:27PM -0500, Kitty Litter wrote:
>>> I am trying to learn more about the sip protocol and started using
>>> tcpdump. Could you tell me what options you use? It isn't alwalys
>>> clear to me the source and destination of the packets, I use -A and
>>> -t and -c count.

>>> --
>>> believed to be clean.
>>>

>> --