mail processing delay

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Fri Jan 21 06:40:34 EST 2011

Are you running an MTA? If so which one?
Couple of things to check:

If running exim or similar it will only deliver a certain number of
messages simultaniously.

You can check the queue to make sure the messages aren't sticking in the
queue, a queue-runner should execute every 15 minutes or so and pick
these up.

Note with procmail that you do not need to lock a maildir, :0: can be
replaced with :0 if memory serves.
I usually shovel messages direct to maildirs with safecat and that goes
extremely quickly but each to their own.
regards, kerry.