speechd-up status and ideas

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Tue Jan 18 22:09:21 EST 2011

I like the idea of having it work in either user or system wide mode.  I
will have to give this new setup a try.  I have Orca working with speech
dispatcher as a system wide process in Arch Linux and it's great.  I
think the system is faster slightly if I can keep speechd running as a
single process and let the other a11y packages just call into it.