Testing GRML

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 12:11:48 EST 2011

Hi.
I just want to put my two sense up here.
First, manpower issues are understandably not a good thing to have in
a project. While I'm not an open source exbert, I'm sure that
maintaining the accessibility in GRML can't be easy on the development
team.
I don't see what's wrong with typing modprobe then say speakup_soft.
I honestly hardly care about boot-up messages.
Even if you can't run a serial console, you could still use
/var/log/dmesg to review the bootup sequence.
GRML has done a good job indeed with trying to provide accessible images.
Other options exist however, such as the TalkingArch project, and I
believe the Gentoo minimal CD can be used with speakup support.
I'm not sure if the minimal Gentoo CDs work properly or not with
SPeakup, because the last time I tested (back in July) I got no sound
whatsoever despite doing everything properly.
Thanks everyone!

--
Regards, --Keith
Website: