Speakup Not Reading Console8?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Thu Dec 15 13:21:53 EST 2011

Last evening we installed a script to control an Internet digital radio.  At
firstthings went well, but then as I would change consoles my keyboard was
weird.  I would type a minus next to the regular 0  it would say "parked" That
parked key is way over usually.  Now console 8 is not reading anything new
whether in or out of the new software.  Also tried reInitializing the DecTalk,
but no real change.  We tried every single button on top, obviously "you killed
speakup" even alive has no affect.  Can some1 please inform if there is a
keystroke to trun on-and-of reading?  By the way I can still review the screen.
Thanks so much in advance
Hart