Silencing Boot Messages / missing quiet parameter?

luke speakup at lists.tacticus.com
Mon Dec 19 02:50:01 EST 2011

Solved!

The squeeze initrd had speakup_soft in its /etc/modules file.  I commented
that out, rebuilt the initrd, and the configuration discussed below
becomes effective, and works like a charm.

I still think the quiet parameter should rate inclusion in the manual.
Maybe it's in more recent versions, just not in the one with speakup-doc?

Luke