Silencing Boot Messages / missing quiet parameter?

pj at pjb.com.au pj at pjb.com.au
Sun Dec 18 07:15:15 EST 2011

Gregory Nowak wrote:
> Yes, the espeakup init script is failing because espeakup can't
> connect to jack, which I don't have here either. Don't worry
> about that, it still works like it should, for me anyway. HTH.

Aha! So that's it.  I don't run jack either, but it still seems
to work like it should, so I don't complain.  Do more recent
init scripts still consider it a failure not to be running jack?

Luke wrote:
> Also, it has the paste-hangs-system-sometimes problem,

I've still got that. Sometimes means: when you paste into the
stdin of something (rather than onto /dev/tty).  Except that:
I ssh to localhost; then I'm always pasting to ssh's /dev/tty,
and it takes care of writing to the stdin of its subprocesses.

Regards,  Peter Billam

http://www.pjb.com.au       pj at pjb.com.au      (03) 6278 9410
"Was der Meister nicht kann,   vermöcht es der Knabe, hätt er
 ihm immer gehorcht?"   Siegfried to Mime, from Act 1 Scene 2