questions about text-based e-mail

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Tue Sep 7 02:33:17 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 09:39:12PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> You were asking about text mail readers but wanna use them for news as
> well.  Mutt is great for e-mail but I can't see how one could read
> news with it.

	I used to use slrn for news, as it seemed to have the most
features back when I had a newsfeed...back in 02.  Havent looked at
either tin or slrn since losing my sight, so couldn't make a
recommendation, but I second the mutt recommendation.  Love it I keep
learning new things about it all the time, and it works fantastically
with SpeakUP.  Once you get rid of the on-screen menubars, mutt is a
pretty quiet, massively functional email client.

				Michael