questions about text-based e-mail

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Sep 7 12:00:32 EDT 2010

If you want to try and get access to news again, try looking on
www.newzbot.com for a public nntp server...even though a lot of them
don't allow posting, I've always been able to find ones that do.  I'm
lucky enough to have an ISP that still offers news access, but their
server is a little flaky, so I've used some public news servers I found
on newzbot from time to time.

On Mon, Sep 06, 2010 at 11:33:17PM -0700, Gaijin wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 05, 2010 at 09:39:12PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> > You were asking about text mail readers but wanna use them for news as
> > well.  Mutt is great for e-mail but I can't see how one could read
> > news with it.
>
> 	I used to use slrn for news, as it seemed to have the most
> features back when I had a newsfeed...back in 02.  Havent looked at
> either tin or slrn since losing my sight, so couldn't make a
> recommendation, but I second the mutt recommendation.  Love it I keep
> learning new things about it all the time, and it works fantastically
> with SpeakUP.  Once you get rid of the on-screen menubars, mutt is a
> pretty quiet, massively functional email client.
>
> 				Michael

back.