Speakup 3.1.6 released!

Christopher Brannon chris at the-brannons.com
Wed Oct 6 21:44:34 EDT 2010

Hi all,
We are proud to announce the latest release of Speakup, version 3.1.6.
Here is a list of the notable changes.

1. Modifications were required in order to build against versions 2.6.34
and 2.6.35 of the Linux kernel.
2. Support for the "direct" parameter was added to the drivers for all
synthesizers.
3. We removed support for kernels older than version 2.6.26.
4. Finally, speakupconf can now save or load settings in a directory
supplied by the user.  In other words, it is possible to have multiple
Speakup configurations, switching among them with a single command.
Credit for this enhancement goes to Steve Holmes.

Download the source code using this URL:
<ftp://linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/speakup-3.1.6.tar.bz2>

-- Chris