preparing speakup for staging

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 20:15:47 EDT 2010

All,

I am currently going through the speakup code to start preparing it to
be submitted to the kernel developers  for the "staging" tree, which is
the first step for kernel inclusion.

One of those changes will make git speakup incompatible with kernels
before 2.6.31.

For the rest of the developers, the issue is that LINUX_VERSION_CODE is
not supposed to be used in the version of speakup we send upstream.

It was suggested to me that I should do that part of the sgaging work on
a separate branch in our repository.  But, I don't  think that is a good
idea, because it means that we would have to maintain two
branches in the repository from now on and make sure that all changes to
master went to the other branch as well.

If no one objects by 0  utc on Sunday, I will consider the master branch
fair game for pushing this change.

Thanks,

William