Arch Linux celling points

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Nov 19 10:43:21 EST 2010

Well, when I ran Debian Unstable, I did run into some situations where
stuff broke.  But With Arch using the same concept, one would think
that possible.  But The fact that Arch sticks to more tested/stable
versions of given packages, this has been much less.  I ran into a
couple times where something didn't quite work or update but I
reported the incident and the fix came back within a day each time.
Contrast this with what many corporate customers demand; they don't
want any changes so they end up with some old ancient distro like
Centos or Redhat corporate edition.

Yes, you're right; the Arch wiki is an excellent resource for
documentation.

For networking, my Arch machine is just hard wired so I don't really
know much about how wireless stuff works with Arch Linux.  I have a
laptop which can use wireless but Arch won't boot on it; it has too
little memory to run anything over Slackware 12.0 <sigh>.