cpu, and debian install questions

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Nov 8 02:08:22 EST 2010

The cpufreq framework is set up on Grml with the ondemand scheduler as
default.
When the CPU is idle, it winds the clock down to 1000mhz however you see
the frequency go up to 2.2ghz when the system goes under load.
This saves power, is cooler, and generally works well.
cpufreq-info will tell you what governors are set, and
cpufreq-set -g performance
will latch the CPU at it's highest speed.
I'm sure someone else has answered this by now but perhaps this response
will be useful for the archives.
apt-get install cpufreq-utils
will get this support in a Debian-like distribution.
Regards, Kerry.