cpu, and debian install questions

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sun Nov 7 19:11:58 EST 2010

Hello,
You probably need cpufreq to fix the CPU issue. As for installing, I
recommend debootstrap. I've never had luck with the talking install, and
judging from some past threads a lot of people are in the same boat;
it's fairly easy to do and straight foward. You just need to format,
make your filesystems, mount --bind /dev mount_point/dev same with sys
and proc, debootstrap lenny mount_point, chroot mount_point /bin/bash,
grab a kernel and grub, set the root password with passwd root. If you
want software speech that's easy as well: just remember to set KERNELDIR
in the makefile of speakup to point to the kernel in the chrooted
environment, otherwise it uses uname -R (which is probably not your
kernel in the chroot), but the kernel that GRML is running.
HTH,