New Member

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 13:34:16 EST 2010

Michael wrote:
> 	Redhat/Fedora appear to need a special disk to install
> withaccessibility support (correct me if I'm wrong) and from what I've
> seen, is supported by one person here.

AFAIK, there are two people working on Speakup Modified Fedora:
Bill Acker and Janina Sajka.

> More widely supported flavors
> are Ubuntu and GRML and the newly constructed Arch linux, which are all
> dpkg-based.

Nope, ArchLinux isn't dpkg-based at all.  Its package format is a bit
like Slackware's, but the Arch package manager does dependency resolution,
along with other nice things.

ArchLinux is a general-purpose distribution,
and it isn't accessible out of the box.
If you are blind, then the best way to install it is via my talking
install disk.  It's a modification of the official install CD.
I call it TalkingArch.
TalkingArch is only supported by one person, namely myself.

PS. The original poster might be interested in our distros page:
http://linux-speakup.org/distros.html

-- Chris