Question about synth_request_region

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Wed Jun 30 14:42:30 EDT 2010

One thing to add to the below. According to lspci, my serial port is using
irq 16. It also reports that an usb and vga controller are also using irq
16.

So, is my problem not the pci express card itself, but rather that the irq
is being shared and speakup can't get an exclusive lock on it?

If so, is there any way for speakup to play nice and share the irq?

Thanks,