speakup 3.1.5 with litetalk and kernel 2.6.34

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 09:10:35 EDT 2010

Joshua Lambert wrote:
> Is anyone else having trouble with speakup failing to detect a litetalk
> under kernel 2.6.34?  I've tried arch linux's kernel and my own custom
> compile and still no go.

Unfortunately, I can't test this locally, because I don't have hardware.
What output do you get in dmesg when you try to load the ltlk module?
Since you're on ArchLinux, I can probably send you a patch with extra
debugging statements, and you could rebuild the Speakup package from
the ABS, after applying that patch.
Just reply if you're interested.

-- Chris