rfc: speakup supported kernels

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 15:37:03 EDT 2010

All,

our documentation states that speakup supports kernels 2.6.18 and later.
I doubt that this is correct any longer, so I wanted to bring this to
the list and figure out which versions of the kernel we want to try to
support.

I would suggest 2.6.26 and later, because from that point on if someone
wants to build speakup into the kernel, we modify the build system to do
that, but we do not change any of the kernel source itself.

Does anyone know if kernel versions older than 2.6.26 are being used
these days?  Do we still need speakup support for those older kernels?

Any input on this would be appreciated.

Thanks much,

William