Installing Slackware with Speakup and Espeak

Austin Seraphin au at sunbeem.net
Sat Jan 2 14:13:49 EST 2010

Hi everyone, glad you like the idea. I found a great little tutorial
called Cooking up some Slack:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Cooking_Up_Some_Slack_CUSS
and it looks very doable, I feel comfortable with that, so will start
looking around. I'll also check out the audio question, I agree, the
installer probably doesn't for minimalist reasons. I would also love to
see espeak integrated into the main Slackware distribution, especially
given that the kernel already has the soft synth module, why not go the
extra mile so to speak? On the other hand, I might also see a need for a
custom distro, partially for the audio, but also because Slackware
doesn't ship with Gnome any more. Why not trade KDE for Gnome,
especially if one of the projects will let us use their work? Emacspeak
even comes in /extra now, we could include that as well, why not? Either
way, speakup and espeak would represent the core.

I'll start looking around and let you all know what I find, you can do
the same, and maybe we can get something together. I've always liked
Slackware also, and consider it the most accessible distribution.

--
Austin Seraphin - http://sunbeem.net
SunbEEm Solutions - Every Thing has a Solution. SunbEEm has two E's.