help, getting ttsynth serial

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Dec 28 19:23:17 EST 2010

"Kristoffer Gustafsson" <kg84 at dreamwld.com> writes:

> yesterday my external harddrive crashed.
> I lost very very much files, including the ttsynth binaries and the serial number.

Are you really sure that you don't have a backup copy somewhere?

If you don't have one, it seems you're going to learn the hard way how
important it is to make backup copies of any files that are important to
you.

You could try to recover the files from the failing drive if it isn't
completely dead. There should be tutorials on the Web; people typically
use the dd command to make a copy of everything on the drive, then
attempt to repair the copy using fsck (or whatever tool is appropriate
to the file system).