Fedora13 ?

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:18:43 EST 2010

Can you be a bit more specific?
I.e. Hardware being used, etc might help.
Also, my personal recommendation especially because most computers
don't have serial ports and to this day the Speakup Modified team
hasn't made a Espeakup driven solution as of now that I know of, I'd
suggest using some system that has software speech already put into it
rather than waiting around for the Speakup Modified team.
The software speech is becoming more and more important tipically
these days for most computers, regardless of if they are laptops, or
something else due to the serial ports disappearing.
Two possibilitys exist asuming you want a console system:
1. GRMl
Get it at:
http://www.grml.org
2. Arch Linux. The Talking Arch page can be found here:
http://www.the-brannons.com/tarch/
While the Vinux distro is yet another possibility, do note taht by
default GUI stuff is running on the distro.
I find that having GUI stuff running slows down over-all
responsiveness of most Linux machines, including background processes
such as SSHD, etc.
You might wish to start out witha  console-driven solution simply
because I think that starting out with some GUI system is going to at
some point require you to learn the terminal regardless.
And Linux tipically begins with the CLI and not a GUI by default. Just
my opinion.
However the Speakup modified team might have a console driven talking
solution with software speech in the next release.
You'll need to speak to William Akker about that one though as I have
no idea if the Speakup Modified team plans on supporting any type of
Espeak/other software speech speakup solution.
One other thought would be Gentoo, though software speech is not
functioning on any of the Gentoo minimal CDs even though Speakup is
installed.
I believe the issue there is that they are not building witht he
Modules use flag enabled, and thus the speakup modules do not exist
ont he minimal CD.
William Hubs is the one to talk to directly on that issue, though I
believe that's the problem in princeable with that particular system.
 If I can be of more help-let me know, though I don't primarily work
with Fedora myself. I've tended to go Gentoo/Arch/GRML if anything
these days. And if I do use Ubuntu for anything I use it as a server
OS and not a GUI related OS lately.

--
Regards, --Keith
Skype: skypedude1234