Newer DecTalk Drivers?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Dec 6 15:03:46 EST 2010

Well, I am now beginning to enjoy a completely new PC, running
Debian Squeeze sit
We were able to get my DecTalk U S B running fairly easily, although in trying
Slackware, briefly, that really works fast
First of all, still its rather inconsistant having my custome speakup settings
save on startup.
I practicly like hearing no punctuation, so while reading a mention of
Antiwar.com
it spells out.  Also, and this may be a dectalk ism, if there are mixed
numbers, letters, or punctuation, it also spells out instead of pronouncing.
Still like in FC9 after a while as I hit capitalization, it knocks the
rate-and-pitch down, I then like before must move both values by 1 before they
increase back to where I want them.
By chance are their more or newer drivers we need to grab--and-from where, as I
remember some1 did some marvelous tweeking.
And yes I already tried
apt-get install dectalk
Nothing found.
Thanks so much in advance