SpeakUp Running Issues

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Tue Apr 27 15:11:07 EDT 2010

You may have confused the two audio tutorials, the grml swspeak command
doesn't relate to that CD.

For the CD you downloaded, you should just press enter and it will boot
and speakup should load. Then you will proceed to do the install using
the ArchLinux installer. I did do a tutorial on this method however it
sounds like you've got the other one. The tutorial you need is
ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/audio/blind_archlinux.mp3.

For the tutorial you seem to have (the one using the command grml
swspeak) you will need the GRML live CD from the GRML website
http://www.grml.org. Someone else pointed out that I forgot about
mentioning where you get GRML from in that tutorial, may be I need to be
a bit more clear. Anyway the tutorial for this method is
ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/audio/archlinux_install_from_grml.mp3

I would say that Chris's CD (the one you got) may be easier than using
GRML, however I think there may be reasons why using GRML may be preferred.

Hope that clears up this issue.

Michael Whapples