SpeakUp Running Issues

JP Jamous JP at Jepelsy.com
Tue Apr 27 18:19:26 EDT 2010

That's what I was worried about. Something I was doing wrong.

Thank you for the clarifications Michael.

I am booting as we speak. If it doesn't talk. Well, let me send the e-mail
before you hear me talking my way. *smiles*

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca [mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca]
On Behalf Of Michael Whapples
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:11 PM
To: Speakup is a screen review system for Linux.
Subject: Re: SpeakUp Running Issues

You may have confused the two audio tutorials, the grml swspeak command
doesn't relate to that CD.

For the CD you downloaded, you should just press enter and it will boot and
speakup should load. Then you will proceed to do the install using the
ArchLinux installer. I did do a tutorial on this method however it sounds
like you've got the other one. The tutorial you need is
ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/audio/blind_archlinux.mp3.

For the tutorial you seem to have (the one using the command grml
swspeak) you will need the GRML live CD from the GRML website
http://www.grml.org. Someone else pointed out that I forgot about mentioning
where you get GRML from in that tutorial, may be I need to be a bit more
clear. Anyway the tutorial for this method is
ftp://ftp.linux-speakup.org/pub/speakup/audio/archlinux_install_from_grml.mp
3

I would say that Chris's CD (the one you got) may be easier than using GRML,
however I think there may be reasons why using GRML may be preferred.

Hope that clears up this issue.

Michael Whapples