SpeakUp Running Issues

JP Jamous JP at Jepelsy.com
Tue Apr 27 09:36:34 EDT 2010

I went to this URL and downloaded the I686 ISO. I burned it to a CD and
tried to boot using Michael's MP3 instructions.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Arch_Linux_for_the_blind

I could hear the CD spinning after executing grml swspeak. However, no sound
was coming out of the speakers.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if my sound card does not
have any drivers.

I am using a Dell Inspiron 1300. According to Windows XP my sound card
drivers are: Sigmatel High Definition Audiocodec. Drivers Date: 5/10/2007.
Driver version: 5.10.0.5515.

Under Add/Remove programs I have: Sigmatel Audio

I was trying to run speak up from the CD like Michael did. I did not install
it to the hard drive like the web site stated. Any help is greatly
appreciated.