Punctuation for espeak synthesizer

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 10:41:12 EDT 2010

Bill Cox wrote:
> Unfortunately, ospeakup has already set espeak's punctuation level to
> none, so I don't get to hear any punctuation, regardless of speakup
> settings, unless I am moving the cursor one character at a time.

Actually, the problem is deeper.  The chartab file is initialized, when
ospeakup starts.
However, we also need to initialize the following three files,
all relative to /sys/accessibility/speakup:
punc_all, punc_most, and punc_some.
I'm writing a patch to do that.
I think this will fix the issue.

PS.  I'm going to leave the "set synth punctuation" command alone for
now, since I believe that ospeakup should default to "all".

-- Chris