Install gnome on archlinux audio

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Thu Apr 8 11:48:26 EDT 2010

Hello,
I said I would get it done, so here it is. I have just finished
recording an audio tutorial on installing gnome and getting started with
orca on archlinux. While the recording is about one hour and a quarter,
I have gnome running within the first half hour (I think), so for those
of you who know the basics of the gnome desktop and orca you may choose
to leave it once gnome is running.

I will say sorry for it seeming a bit disorganised, I was rushing to get
the recording done before I go away (the laptop has gone in the bad
before its had time to fully cool off). I do intend to possibly do a bit
of editing to rearrange parts of it, but as some have been asking I
thought put something out for people to initially get their teeth into.

OK, where to get it? Here is the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/62v240

Now I did have comments where people complained that sendspace were
asking you to download a client, I don't think you need to if you select
the "Regular download" button.

I will admit I haven't tried downloading this particular file due to
time restrictions, but I will have the original files with me while I am
away, so if there is an issue I can try and get the file uploaded again.

Finally, I will say if you have any suggestions for future tutorials on
using linux I can see what I can do (I intend to focus it on using the
computer as a desktop).

Michael Whapples