Problems with Speakup, espeakup, ande pulseaudio

Storm Dragon stormdragon2976 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 7 23:23:36 EDT 2010

Hi,
I have both Speakup and Espeakup installed on my Asus 1000ha. I have
noticed that it tends to lag sometimes, especially when reviewing text
quickly. If text review is done slowly it does not lag as often. I have
Speakup and Espeakup installed on my Dell Studio 1536 as well, but I
removed pulseaudio and use alsa on it. That computer does not have the
same problems, so I am sure it is something pulse related. Is there
anything I can do to get Speakup working on the netbook as well as it
does on the Dell Studio without having to remove pulseaudio? I have
created a /etc/asound.conf and run all alsa sound through pulseaudio.
This seems to reduce the lag slightly, but it's not even close to gone.
Is there anyway to compile espeakup to use pulseaudio?
Thanks
Storm

--
Follow me on Twitter: