how to tell which synthesizer is active

William Hubbs w.d.hubbs at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 12:46:30 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 08, 2009 at 12:14:34PM -0400, covici at ccs.covici.com wrote:
> Well, what used to happen is that speakup actually probed and if the
> synth was not there, then the synth was set to none, but now I guess it
> does not do that anymore, but I agree that releasing the synth because
> of timeouts may not be a good idea, but could there be a way to see if
> the synth is there?

We stopped probing because it was causing issues with some synthesizers
and other hardware as I remember, so I don't see us re-implementing
probing.

I might be able to set it to none if we time out, but the current design
would mean that it would also be set to none if you hit print screen to
turn off speakup, so I don't know if you want that either.

What do you think?

William