how to tell which synthesizer is active

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Tue Sep 8 12:14:34 EDT 2009

Well, what used to happen is that speakup actually probed and if the
synth was not there, then the synth was set to none, but now I guess it
does not do that anymore, but I agree that releasing the synth because
of timeouts may not be a good idea, but could there be a way to see if
the synth is there?