how to tell which synthesizer is active

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Sep 7 00:56:10 EDT 2009

Hi.  In the old days, even if I had a synthesizer built in the kernel, I
could check and if speakup had deactivated because the synth was not
connected, the name would be changed to none.  I would like to be able
to do this now because I want to automatically switch to a software
synth if my hardware one is not connected.  However, the name of the
synth remains tthe same making it more difficult to do this.

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici