installing fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Nov 11 15:45:32 EST 2009

I use telnet and 'upgrade existing system' to install Fedora. If you
overwrite with a fresh install, you'll not have /home as a separate
partition--something I avoid like the plague.

Bill has been having luck with febootstrap recently. However, as it
seems you've discovered, febootstrap will require quite a bot of by hand
configuring, e.g. /etc/fstab and /etc/sysconfig/network.

With specific reference to yum, you might simply copy over old
/etc/yum.repos.d files. These use tokens for the release version, etc,
so are likely to work provided the targets haven't changed their
directory structure, etc.

hth

Janina